Building rapport with your clients is one of you single most important sales tools you have. Here are 7 things you need to think about and do to make sure you are doing it right.
- Be their greatest supporter -learn everything you need to know about the business find out what their interests are.
- What do you have in common? Be part of their team. Clients will open up to you more frequently once they know that you’re part of the team.
- Have empathy- listen – if your client has a problem that needs to be solved 90% of the reasons why they tell you their problems is because they just wanted to be heard.
- Listen Actively - Many sales people interrupt, try to solve the problem there and then or just do not listen.
- Be more interested in them then anyone ever has been - Most media sales people call and want to sell them something, that is not rapport building its “ solving the wrong persons problem.”
- One thank you card a week- Just say thanks, thanks for the business, thanks for the interview, just thanks.
- Final one, send them FREE reports. We have several on Talking Media Sales. Just click here to find them.
Have a great sales week.
PHOTO – Thomas Hawk