Building rapport with your clients is one of you single most important sales tools you have. Here are 7 things you need to think about and do to make sure you are doing it right.
- Be their greatest supporter -learn everything you need to know about the business find out what their interests are.
- What do you have in common? Be part of their team. Clients will open up to you more frequently once they know that you’re part of the team.
- Have empathy- listen – if your client has a problem that needs to be solved 90% of the reasons why they tell you their problems is because they just wanted to be heard.
- Listen Actively - Many sales people interrupt, try to solve the problem there and then or just do not listen.
- Be more interested in them then anyone ever has been - Most media sales people call and want to sell them something, that is not rapport building its “ solving the wrong persons problem.”
- One thank you card a week- Just say thanks, thanks for the business, thanks for the interview, just thanks.
- Final one, send them FREE reports. We have several on Talking Media Sales. Just click here to find them.
Have a great sales week.
PHOTO – Thomas Hawk
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Talking Media Sales
I teach media sales people worldwide how to sell more advertising to their direct clients than any other company in this field. My company NRS Media generates over $350 million a year for media companies world wide. We have been doing this for 20 years. We are the world leader in this field. Do you know any media companies that would be interested in increasing their revenue in a down economy? Check out my new book - The Desk Closest to the Door- The Art of Selling Direct Media. Available at www.talkingmediasales.com/thedeskclosesttothedoor or on Amazon.com.
Latest posts by Mike Brunel (see all)
- Five Things You Need To Know If You’re a Sales Manager - June 16, 2014
- 5 More Intriguing Things About Sales - May 29, 2014
- 5 Intriguing Things About Sales - May 20, 2014